30 June 2016

Tortured Dreams (Dreams & Reality #1)

Crime
Horror
Thriller

By Hadena James

Paperback 318 pages
Publisher CreateSpace Independent Publishing (23rd May 2013)
ASIN B00BK99NIU
ISBN-13 978-1489548054




📕My Review

As I began reading I didn't think I was going to like the protagonist but she grew on me and I began to warm to her. However, the idea of a woman who attracts serial killers - oh come on! Intriguing but somewhat unbelievable. The book is very heavy on dialogue rather than action and when the action did happen towards the end, it seemed a bit too surreal. Putting all that aside, it was a good story and I have the next one queued on my Kindle.

Barnsey's Books Rating ⭐⭐⭐

📗The Blurb

When the US Marshals Serial Crimes Tracking Unit comes knocking at Aislinn Cain's door, she is given a chance to use her past to save other people's futures. She has survived attacks by two different serial killers and devoted her life to studying the darker side of human history.

A new killer is using medieval torture methods to slay his victims. She can give them a glimpse into his twisted world, but not without a cost. If she opens herself, she risks falling into the depths of her own darkness. Can she afford to help, knowing that the cost could be her own humanity?

Aislinn Cain's life is a horror story.

No comments: